Friday, February 21, 2014


                                                Which is better? Number 1 or number 2?

I  bet you don’t know where this post is going! I am referring to the questions you are asked at the eye doctor’s office. Boy you guys have dirty minds! I HATE that question and always have. I even hated it  when I was little and the 500 year old eye doctor would ask me those same questions. IS THIS THE BETTER? OR IS THIS THE BETTER? For crying out loud they look the same! I disliked the burning drops, the questions, and most notably the coca cola bottle thick glasses I came out of there with.




 Thank god for the 80’s and contacts! And now Lasik!

 
Anyway, this past weekend I decided I needed something for driving-my one eye is quite a bit worse than the other. I think it needs re-lasered, but for some reason the upgraded package I bought does not include another adjustment. BASTARDS!  Anywhoo,  when I go to the counter at the discount eye place- remember I am cheap- the gal hands me a form to fill out. Immediately my husband started laughing and as I looked down at the type on the page I realize no one , and I mean no one, could read this tiny writing without glasses. Could they not use a bigger type? All of the people entering that building are there because their eyesight sucks. HELP US OUT HERE!
After I dig out one of my 18 pairs of reading glasses and fill out their form I am asked to go wait in the back. So, like a good customer I do. Shortly after that I get called into the screening room. I get to have the oh so fun Glaucoma test- you know the one-it is a blast of 200 MPH wind in your eye. You know it’s coming, but you still jump! Then, for an additional $15 I can do a test that checks my eye health. Ok- let’s do that.  Now I get to press a button when I see squiggles in my peripheral vision. I think I clicked when I shouldn’t have- but I seem to have passed the test fine. I think this test was just to see how much caffeine I had before going to the appointment. And it was a lot!

 
Finally, I get to see the eye doctor. As I was sitting in the chair, dreading said questions, I thought I would get asked about what I filled out on the form- I won’t go into details but there are a few issues I would like to be addressed by someone who knows more about eyeballs than I do. NOPE.  He could have cared less. He never asked me if I had any questions, concerns, etc. I certainly could have asked him but I felt I was an inconvenience and he did not want to waste any more time on me.  I did get asked the better or worse questions, but frankly I didn’t care which one was better. I should have reversed all of my answers-might have freaked him out.   I just kind of wanted to smack him. He looked about 15 years old- these damn doctors get younger every year.
I did order 2 pairs of glasses for a good price. Of course they try to upsell you to non-scratch coating, etc but I didn’t fall for that. NOPE- not me the cheapskate.  Looking back, maybe I should have just bought a monocle. I could look like the Monopoly man! But with boobs.

 
Lesson learned- when it comes to vision centers it seems you get what you pay for. Maybe next year I will be able to go back to my other eye doc. Until then, look out for me if you are driving in Colorado. I just may not see you J



 
Stay safe my friends-

No comments:

Post a Comment