Friday, March 28, 2014





                  BACK FROM THE BAYOU-ALL IN ONE PIECE

Hello all! I made it back-a bit later than planned due to a plane delay, but home none the less. It is so hard to say goodbye. It does my heart wonders to spend time with these people!

The first day I had some  yummy Cajun food- 5 Guys Burgers- haha. What can I say- I love a good burger! And I did have the Cajun Fries! After lunch my friends’ hubby and son took me on an awesome little canoe trip on the bayou and onto Lake Ponchartrain.  We saw 2 Osprey, a snake, an otter and 4 gators- the biggest pictured below.  It was a wonderful little trip-it was so quiet and beautiful.

 
The next day was filled with shower prep. The bridal shower was at my friends’ home. We all had a great time getting the house ready. The food was fabulous, the bride was glowing and a good time was had by all.



 
 
 I tried not to get too drunk until the party was over, but I did manage to steal some of Jeff’s Yuenglings’ out of his fridge. Thank you Jeff- they were tasty!!!

 

Of course, I started to get a cold the day before I left. It didn’t get too bad, but sometimes when I get colds,  cold sores appear, and boy did they ever. At least they waited until the day after the shower to get too bad. I felt like a damn leper! When I was in high school I would get them right before a concert- nerves, I guess. And let me tell you it isn’t easy playing the flute with a giant herpes on your mouth!

 

Sunday was a great day of relaxing, followed by a St Patrick’s Day filled with Fuzzy Leprechauns at Pat o’Briens.


 

I had never been there- it was great fun! People watching was the best part! We saw this guy and his friends drinking this. Holy cow-


Then we raced off to dinner at Borgne. Wow- I had my first taste of swordfish and it was amazing!

 

Now I am home and am ready to get some sewing done. I need to start on the wedding quilt and a graduation one, too.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment