Saturday, June 28, 2014


                                                There is this airline named _________-

Hello all! Well, I made it to and from the most wonderful wedding in New Orleans. But barely- more on that soon.
The beautiful bride and her father-check out the rainbow!

 

She looked like a princess! The wedding took place on a rooftop close to the Riverfront. It was raining up until ½ hour before the ceremony, then the clouds broke loose and the sun came out bringing the rainbow with it! PERFECT!
The trip did not come without excitement. The brides’ mother almost ran into Nicholas Cage getting out of the elevator. Too bad she didn’t see him until it was too late. He was also spotted by the pool at her hotel. I did refrain from my stalker instincts as much as I could. I never did see him, though. We were also told Brad Pitt was in town, and again I refrained from trying to find him and struck out there as well.
My “sister” and her hubby and grandson, the ring bearer- great job Jax!


I had a great time at the wedding. I actually danced- but it was because of the bottle of wine I drank.
My dance partner- thanks Brian!

I also got to visit with my sisters from another mother along with my other mother. I couldn’t even begin to count the hours I spent at their house growing up, along with the bad perms I got- thank God I do not have pictures of those disasters!

The bride loved her quilt- now I can show a pic now that she has it. I cannot take credit for the quilting. My friend Eileen quilted it for me. She is so amazing. She has a longarm and does all of her quilting freehand. No computers for her!

 
I got to spend Sunday visiting with the family until it was time to go to the airport. Everything was going along swell until I got to the airport to come home. One damn flight-from point A to point B. No connections, nothing . Easy, right?? WELL-
I received my boarding pass and noticed the time of departure was the same that was on my itinerary. Great- I will be home in time for the season premier of True Blood! Is Eric still alive? Will Alcide cut his hair?  This was something that was not to be messed with. Once I got out on the concourse, however the status of our departure said “DELAYED”. I kept calling hubby to check online to see what the airline was listing as  the departure time- as the poor contracted labor that was working the gate had no clue. So, I am using up precious phone battery as I packed my charger. I will NEVER do that again.
Well, they ended up cancelling the flight at 10pm. We were told to go back to the ticket counter to get hotel vouchers, and by that time there was about 30 of us left in line around 11:45pm, there were no hotel vouchers left. None. Zip. Nada. Now, being over 40 I have no interest in spending the night at the airport. I am too old for that shit. They also told us they would not pay for transportation from the airport to the hotel. WTH. So, one awesome passenger called one hotel located .4 miles from the airport. They told her they had plenty of rooms and to come on over. They were sending a shuttle-which a few of us did not know. About 10 of us hoofed it over to the hotel. We had to cross a big ass street- thank god no one is out at midnight. Once we got to the hotel, they couldn’t have been sweeter. They opened up the bar for us, checked us in very quickly and had us comfy in record time. God love them. Too bad the rooms were an advertisement for ORKIN. And CSI.
Dead bugs in the bathroom-


Blood on the door jamb going into the bathroom- I kept trying to convince myself it was from a shaving accident as it was by the sink-

 
And in the morning I found little black bugs crawling in the trash can- thankfully after I had slept-


Now, I am no snob. I used to camp when I was in the girl scouts and we went a lot! But as I mentioned earlier, I am too old for this shit. And we did get a hell of a rate on our hotel-$55. Now I know why.
Anyhoo, our flight got out at the appointed time the following day. The Jaguar finally got me home- good job buddy! I really can’t complain- I felt so sorry for the families traveling with little ones- and there were a lot- and people whose employers are not as understanding as mine. Plus it isn’t like I am a brain surgeon and peoples’ lives depended on me being at work. Doors and trim just aren’t that important in the grand scheme of things. Also, there were so many people that missed connecting flights-I cannot imagine that nightmare. Bob told me the dogs kept pooping by my make up table the whole time I was gone, so I really needed to get home so they would knock that crap off. LOL
I have been lucky- this was the first time that this has happened to me. Well, there was the snow storm one Christmas but that story is for another day. And that was not near the fun that this was!
I did get a lot of reading done. I read Joyland by Stephen King- a good read but not as creepy as I like.

I also read The Invention of Wings- that one was very good.


All in all the trip was wonderful. Spending time with people you love cannot take the place of anything else. Thank you Pen for all you have done for me and letting me spend this special time with you and your family.
Now that I am back I have sewing to do. I am designing an embroidery for shop hop in August, so I better start stitching!
Thanks for reading-
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment