Friday, July 25, 2014


                 A trip to Stitcher’s Garden –
    


   My sweet hubby took me on a small trip out of town a few weekends ago. As always, he asked if there were any quilt shops along the way that we needed to visit.  I missed one shop, but thank goodness that I didn’t miss the shop in Pueblo, Colorado.
   The last time I was in Pueblo was many moons ago when I got to go see John Denver ( I still cry when I hear some of his stuff) in concert at the State Fair. Let me just say it is a lot different now!
  There were beautiful hanging baskets lining the main drag, and all sorts of lovely different shops. I did spy a candy shop and am still kicking myself in the ass for not stopping there. I am sure it was filled with wonderful treats! And I must say everyone we met there was wonderful- from the sweet kid that had to tell me that the cinnamon pull aparts were only available at breakfast and tried to get me to buy ice cream to the young gentleman that was working in the Loaf and Jug . I left Pueblo smiling- which I thought was great. For such a short visit it really made a wonderful impression on me.

 
    There was also a lovely RiverWalk area. There were fountains, places to sit, restaurants, etc.   I wish we had more time as I would have loved to have had a closer look around.
     We found the quilt shop without any problems at all. Of course when we approached the front door  Bob said- Oh no- they are closed! Smartass- Good thing I didn’t believe him and we went on in.

 
  I was greeted as soon as I stepped foot in the door- I love it when that happens!  There were wonderful quilts on the walls- and the shop has wonderfully high ceilings that lend themselves to display nice, large quilts! Some of them had a modern feel-


    There were plenty of notions to peruse-thread, rulers, etc. Samples of quilts and accessories were everywhere. They had plenty of patterns to choose from- some for pot holders, wallets, etc.

 

   The fabric was displayed so nicely- they had 4 or 5 coordinating bolts of fabric placed on the ends of the shelves, then they draped part of the fabric over the end of the shelf. I spotted some dog fabric I loved-it is going to make a great pillowcase!

 

 
 

     I strongly encourage anyone who is in their neck of the woods to stop by and say hello. 
     Here is their website- they do offer classes and have several block of the months going!
     Thank you for the wonderful visit ladies!

                                                                      Stitcher's Garden
                                                                     308 South Union Avenue
                                                                     Pueblo, CO 81003
                                                                       719-545-3320

Store Hours


Tuesday-Friday
10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday
10:00am - 4:00pm
CLOSED
Sunday & Monday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment