Tuesday, July 8, 2014


                                                            I lived at JoAnn’s Fabrics this weekend-

Well, I was planning on a very productive weekend of sewing.  We really didn’t have much planned- then it all hit the fan.
I needed to run to a quilt shop at the south end of town for some Aurafil thread. I was going to start quilting a class sample and I love using this thread for that. And- lo and behold they were open on the 4th for a bit! So, after we took sweet daughter to work we headed south. I got my thread, and ended up signing up for a block of the month, which I swore I would never do. That Jeannie is a great salesperson! But, the quilt is a king size, which I have never done and the colors are outstanding!




 On the way home, we had several other errands to run, plus a trip to JoAnn’s for some zippers, and by the time we got home it was after 2 already.  WTH?? There goes ½ of my day! I also planned on making a few Sew Together bags from Sew Demented. I started to cut out all of my pieces and then realized I needed more interfacing.  Really?? So, I ended up back at Joann’s for interfacing and more zippers as I changed my mind regarding the binding on the bags half way through. I was trying to make it scrappy and I ran out of fabric for binding. DORK. My hubby waited patiently in the car while I shopped.



 
Then, Saturday morning, as I was getting ready for a full day of sewing as I was reaching for my cell phone that was on the back of the couch my back spasmed - and boy did it spasm.  It brought me to my knees- and all I could think of is- dang it there goes my day of sewing!!!! Dear hubby and the wiener dogs took good care of me,  brought me a heating pad, and then I realized I had some meds in the cabinet from a previous injury. Thank god for drugs!!! I put the patches on and a few hours later I could at least sew without too much pain. I got all the way to the binding and then changed my mind on the binding for the 3rd time.



 
Sunday morning found me back at JoAnn’s getting yet another damn zipper.  And finally- here is the finished bag-



 

You can find the pattern here-
There is also a Sew Together Bag sew- a- long on The Quilt Barn blog. I found this very helpful as I was struggling with a few parts of the instructions. Though the pattern has a ton of directions and great pictures I am an idiot and needed further guidance. This blog helped me through!
I am going to make several more- and though the bag looks complicated it really wasn’t. But I do know now that I really need a very large, extensive zipper collection in my stash!
Happy sewing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment