Wednesday, July 30, 2014


STOLEN QUILTS

 
I am re-posting this article on a number of quilts that were stolen from the Nancy Rink collection from her studio in California. Please keep an eye out for them.
 
                                                            Courtenay

Reposted from www. quiltsville.blogspot.com.
 


Urgent!! Nancy Rink’s Stolen Quilts!!

nancyrink2
As someone who travels with quilts for a living, this just makes me sick and livid.

I received word yesterday that Nancy Rink’s studio was broken into for the second time in approximately 10 days ---and this time the perpetrators made off with 16 or more quilts.

WHAT is with this?

Are they selling them for drug money? Are they giving them to others as Christmas gifts?

Who knows..but my heart hurts for Nancy and what she is going through right now.  I want you to help me get the word out to be on the look out for these quilts.  Those in the Bakersfield, California area…PLEASE be watching for these quilts.  They may show up on Craigslist locally.

When I think about the number of hours, labor of love, time, sweat, tears, and the cost of the fabric involved….I just can’t fathom this.

She writes:
I am MAD as Hell! Thieves broke into my studio over the weekend and stole virtually every quilt (see the album What the Thieves Stole). This is an oh so wonderful follow-up to the break in a week and a half ago in which one quilt was stolen.
We had beefed up security but the thieves paid no attention. They just ripped the alarm from the door and busted the security lights. Am I paranoid or am I just being targeted?!
I have posted images of the main quilts stolen (there are probably more) just in case you see or hear of anything. Please call the BPD 661-327-7111 or 661-852-7850 if you see or hear anything suspicious. I have trunk shows booked at guilds and it makes it very difficult to give a trunk show without my quilts.
You will find Nancy’s missing quilts below.

Bring These Quilts Home!
My heart is deeply saddened, as we all are.

If you have any info please contact Nancy HERE.

Please help spread the word by sharing this post through all of your social media channels, flickr groups, email lists,  message boards, twitter, facebook, and instagram.  Let’s see if we can bring these quilts home.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment