Wednesday, August 6, 2014


       Evidently I need to drink coffee-
   So, this morning started off well - kind of. I should have known something was amiss when I could not find my cute Wonder Bread sandwich case. I always bring it home from work, it gets rinsed then waits patiently for me to fill it the next morning. Oh well- I grab a dog poop bag/ baggie out of the cabinet and throw my sandwich in there. No- I do not recycle that much- the bag had not been used before.


 
  I headed out the door to work. When I got to work, I put my sandwich in the fridge and lo and behold- there was my container! I forgot that I ate a late breakfast yesterday and never ate my sandwich. Oh well- I won’t have to pack one tomorrow.

   I needed to run a few errands and my lovely boss let me do that, so off I went.  I had to run and take pants back that I did not try on before I bought them. They did not look like skin tight crop pants while on the hanger. Once I got them on at home, however, I looked like a polish sausage that had been boiled in a gallon of water ready to burst. This over-weight 48 year old has no business wearing skinny jeans so back they went. I tried to think I looked cute in them, but mirrors don’t lie. Even if you beg-
 
 

   Now comes the dumbass move of the day. I had a few checks to cash so I headed to the bank. The parking lot looked quite full so I went to the drive through. I pulled up and noticed the canister was in its’ proper place.
 

As I gathered the checks and my ID, a sweet voice came on the speaker, told me her name and told me to let her know if I have any questions. As I went to put my checks and ID in the canister I noticed the canister was not in its’ spot anymore. I used the call button, and chatted with the gal. She told me just to back up and come over to the commercial window and she would help me there. So, I did as I was told. She extended the drawer out so I can put my items in the drawer and I looked down- the fricking canister was in my lap!! I have no absolute recollection of taking the canister out of the holder. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. Now here is the dilemma- do I admit to my mistake and give her the canister back, or just go home with a souvenir? Then I figure I am probably on camera putting the canister in my car so I better give it back, as embarrassing as that may be. I just don’t want to wear striped jumpsuits. Those are so 70’s.
   So, I admitted to her I had the canister. To her credit, she laughed with me (and probably at me) and said it happens all the time. I am sure it doesn’t, she was just being kind but I appreciated the effort. As we finished up our transaction, she told me maybe I should go get some coffee. This was not done in a malicious manner- we had been bantering back and forth about the whole episode.
   I made it back to the office in one piece and with all of my parts. I even managed to remember to pick up the blue prints for the office. WOW!
 

   I am sure none have you have done anything like this??? I hope tomorrow is a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment