Wednesday, August 20, 2014


         Works in Progress Wednesday-

I have been trying to work on some older projects, while throwing a few new ones into the mix.
I did some more machine applique on my Not Really Jo Morton quilt. Boy do these take time when you do them right. I could probably hand applique them faster than this!
 

Here are the 2 blocks I have done so far from a Block of the Month High Prairie Quilts is doing. I promised myself I would keep up- so far so good. Of course it is only month 2! I am hoping to visit this weekend and get my 3rd block, then I will piece it this weekend.


 

I also made another Sew Together bag. I used my $200/yard Chip and Dale fabric I bought online. It is from overseas- the selvage was even written in Chinese. It really wasn’t $200 a yard- but it cost me $18 for a half yard. I must be insane. I was paranoid to cut it-and actually I figured I would cut it wrong because that is just the way stuff goes for me. But I actually did not mis-cut it, and even though the fabric is blue and orange I will use this bag. Yes- I am one of the few people that live in Colorado that is not a Bronco freak.

 


 
Now that the baby shower is over I can share the following quilt. Yes, it is funny that I had to work with orange and blue again- and Broncos fabric none the less! But it was for a dear friend that is a huge Bronco fan and is expecting a boy. 9 of us each made a block (some made more), then I sashed them, tilted them, pieced the top and quilted it. It was actually fun to do. I just told the gals I needed blue and orange blocks, pieced or appliqued. I got a wonderful assortment of both. The quilt came out larger than expected- 60 x 60. So mom can use the quilt even though it was made for baby “K”. We won’t tell baby “K”.

 
While waiting to get picked up to go the shower, I made this Boxy Pouch. It went together very quickly. From piecing to finishing it up it took less than 2 hours.

 

Now I have to move on to other projects. I have some quilt tops to quilt for a friend and of course I have my gazillion other works in progress to work on in between. I have a quilt retreat coming up at the end of next month with my quilting buds- I hope to work on some fun stuff then. I am already trying to decide what to take- though I don’t know why. I end up changing my mind a hundred times before I actually leave. Oh well!

Happy sewing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment