Wednesday, September 24, 2014




          Catching Up on a Lovely Fall Weekend
   I had such a lovely weekend. On Saturday, I taught the Sew Together bag at my LQS. My students came from the other end of town- how cool is that? They each left the class with a finished bag, and they even finished an hour early! Here are their bags- Teresa used a Ricky Tims fabric and Gina used a print from the Ghastlies line. Great job girls!



 

   After class I needed to sew J so I whipped a few tissue holders out-boy did these go quickly!

 

        Saturday night I was parked in front of the tv watching this man- I will be so sad when the season ends.

 

  Then on Sunday I went on my usual early morning walk with my one quilting buddy. She is getting ready to move to the opposite end of town, so I am enjoying each minute of our walks together- oh I will miss those! 
   After our walk, my dear friend Sandy came and grabbed me and we headed to lunch- gyros- yum- and then we headed to a quilt shop to get this months’ Block of the Month.  It was so nice visiting with her! Of course we left the shop with a little more than just our quilt blocks- shocker I know. My son needed a new pillowcase so I found some appropriate fabric that I had to buy. I turned it into this-


 

  After hanging out with Sandy I became inspired to work on my Gardeners’ Alphabet block (We both have a love for all things hand embroidered).  I have been working on this small block wayyyy too long. I finally finished it up on Monday evening. I had it in the hoop so long I was amazed I could iron the hoop lines out- boy I love my spray starch!!



  I have an Ott light- thank goodness that also has a magnifier on it. I just had to start using that darn magnifier- boy these eyes are getting old! Of course George (my tortoise shell cat) needed attention the whole time I was hand stitching and then the dogs would take turns wanting some loving as well. Good lord it is amazing I ever get a damn thing done. But I love my critters!

 
  I am anticipating a productive weekend coming up- this is the quilt retreat. I have about 100 (only a slight exaggeration)  projects packed and ready to go. I will have to see how many I can get done. Now, if I can only stay away from Lexies’ beergaritas -

Sew on my dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment