Tuesday, September 30, 2014



                                                 Retreat Finishes

    Well, I actually did get some sewing done this past weekend. I tried to lay off the booze until I was done sewing for the day- that worked out pretty well.  The weather could not have been more beautiful- the trees were at their prime! There was a little orange here and there-wow. I am so glad now our group will get this place every year on this weekend! We didn’t even need a jacket on our walks.




 

    The first project I worked on was the Boxy Pouch-there is one more in progress but I brought the wrong size zipper. I hope to finish that one this week.



 
     The next thing I worked on were these cherry quilts- the pattern is from Fig Tree- it is one of her mini patterns. These were very fun to make. I had one done and was pleased. The next day our friend Terry came to visit and when I showed it to her I noticed one of the leave/stem units was upside down! I had to tear that whole section out and un-do part of the border. What a dork! At least I noticed it before I gave it away! And, I did not do that with the 2nd one! Lesson learned!







     Saturday came and I made these stockings for my nephew’s family at his wife’s request. These were also very fun to make. The patterns came out of a Possibilities book that is now out of print. I am so glad I have them done so early- usually I would be mailing them December 15th or later LOL. I sent her pics of them and she loved them- success!!!



 

       The last thing I worked on were these mini totes that you attach to your key ring. I found the pattern on the internet. I could have made the corners boxy but by this time I was getting pooped and didn’t do it- I don’t really think they needed it.




     As usual it was a very nice weekend. We had great food as usual and of course everyone was fun to be around. It is so nice to hang out with others that share your addiction! Everyone has different methods to do things and are so willing to share- I always learn tons of stuff when I go on these things! I only have to wait 6 months until we go again-it will be colder this time but the camaraderie will be the same! Can’t wait! Is it too early to start packing?

No comments:

Post a Comment