Thursday, October 9, 2014




                      And now the nest is empty----

  My youngest kid has moved out. Not far, mind you.  He only went a few miles away to move in to his dad’s home. He is going to help his dad spruce things up around the house. My daughter lives there as well, so they will have a great time. But boy- I what an adjustment! And he has only been gone a night!!


 

  It is so strange- this morning when I got up and was banging around the kitchen I realized I didn’t have to worry about being quiet so I would not wake him up-we live in a small place and I can be noisy! Just ask my hubby-hahaha.

 

  The upside is I finally can move all of my sewing stuff from the dining room area into his room. He is not quite done taking stuff- he only has his mattresses and a dresser left, but last night I worked around them. I steam cleaned, wiped all of the walls down, washed windows, and then I stole his tv and moved it into my bedroom- boy Tom and Jerry looked great last night on the 20 inch screen- not a flat screen , mind you, but way bigger than what I had! I can actually read the menu on the screen!(and the episode with Nibbles being a musketeer was on – Touche’ pussycat!!)

 

    Unfortunately, the kid showed up with his buddy and he proceeded to give me a hard time about moving crap in there and he had not really been out yet. Hey- his bed sheets and quilts were gone, so as far as I am concerned the room is mine! Of course, he was just teasing, and he hugged me when he left. I did shed a tear-but then I had more work to do! I unloaded my tall bookshelf- where in the hell did all those quilting books come from? Geez- and then I moved the bookcase into the room. I also moved my sewing table in there.


 
   There was a chair in his room that matches our living room furniture, so in the middle of all this last night we decided to move the living room around so the chair could be in the living room with its’ siblings. Thank goodness I had not put the steam cleaner away- or the vacuum! Now we need to move the bedroom around so we can put the dog kennel in there instead of having it in the living room. Remind me why I bought a dog kennel big enough for 4 Bernese Mountain Dogs – damn spoiled dachshunds!

 
      So,  now I am waiting to move any more crap in there until my new craft/cutting table arrives tomorrow.  ( But I cannot stand to have stuff half done so I bet all my crap will be moved by later tonight) I also have a plan for my design wall- and I still have to gather the supplies for that. The wonderful shop guy at work is going to cut me some wood trim to border it (thank you Fabian- you rock!), and I am going to paint it a fun color. Orange, maybe?? Purple?
   So, today I feel as if I have been hit by a truck! But at least I worked my ass off last night and feel like I deserved those 3 chocolate chip cookies I ate! Tonight I will earn at least 3 more-there will be more vacuuming and steam cleaning to do, as well as moving stuff into the sewing room closet.  I also may stop and get my supplies for the design wall so I can get that up this weekend.
    Hello Motrin my old friend-----( I hope you just heard Simon and Garfunkle, and if you don’t know who that is you are too young to be reading my blog LOL!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment