Friday, October 31, 2014


                                                             My “MAN” Cave

       Well, the proper cutting table was actually delivered, dear hubby built it and it is now in my sewing room! On Saturday he bought shelving for me and up went my toy sewing machines.                                                
     We also found a corner shelving unit (it is supposed to be for closets but oh well) that I can use for my tiny tv so now it lives there instead of on the end of my ironing board. The tiny tv serves its’ purpose, but Magic Mike was sure not as fun on this tv as it was on the big screen!
   I mostly use the tv for background noise, but in this case you need to be watching the screen- haha! Maybe I need to move the binoculars in there for when it comes on again. Of course Silence of the Lambs was on a hundred times this weekend, and I watched it every chance I could. And I wonder why Amber likes creepy movies.  She is her mother's daughter!

     I practically lived in there all weekend! I sewed on some more Sew Together Bags, which you can see on my cutting table in the picture below. I also started a new Boxy Pouch Bag and got a new embroidery project ready to stitch- because I need more hand embroidery projects-NOT! Darn you Terry for that J I also started a quilt top for a friend of my daughters’ baby shower. I made myself use what I had- and I must say I need to add pink to my stash. I did not have much to choose from! We did run a few errands early Saturday, but after that I only came out to eat- bless Bob for cooking for me all weekend. I must say it was difficult to come to work today. I just wanted to keep my pj’s on and stroll into my little piece of heaven and sew some more! Poor Bob- he used to at least see me on the weekends.
    I did find a piece of fabric I had that had already been hemmed- I think I used it for curtains in my old sewing room. I think I am going to shorten them and make a valance for the window. I will have to watch the placement of the rod- I can’t cover up my Tom and Jerry picture!
     So, without further a-do here is the finished room it all of its’ glory. Sorry for some of the pics- I am still trying to learn how to take better pictures!






 
 
 
So, how about sharing pics of your "man" cave? Please post a pic from your sewing room in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment