Monday, October 20, 2014


                                                     Perfect Fall Weekend
  This past weekend I taught a beginning hand embroidery class at my LQS. It was a great class- I gave sweet Rhonda all sorts of embroidery tips and techniques that I have picked up these last 30 years. We went over stabilizers, different stitches, fabric selection, etc. It was a fun class- she is a Crabapple Hill junkie, too!

  This is my most recent finish-my friend Eileen quilted it for me- didn’t she do a fantastic job?




 
  I also finished quilting another quilt for a friends’ mom-it is kind of a secret so I can only show a snippet of the quilt. I only have one more to do for her and then I can send all 3 off to her.

 

  Friday night we had our upstairs neighbor down for dinner and drinks. Hubby made some awesome mac and cheese, green chile to pour over it, garlic bread and pumpkin lasagna for dessert. It was yummy! We also drank lots of wine- well, Jen and I did- Bob was a good boyJ.  What a lovely night-but it was sure hard to get up early Saturday for my teacher meeting and class! Oh well! We had a great time! Here is a pic of the lasagna-doesn’t look too pretty as it doesn’t set up well, but it was tasty!

 
   Of course the big news here in this state is a certain quarterback breaking the record of my most favorite quarterback ever. I guess since my lover Brett is ok with it I am, too. Peyton is very deserving of this accomplishment, and by all accounts seems like a very good person. Congrats!

   It was sure beautiful here this weekend- I don’t remember seeing this much color last year. Reds and oranges are everywhere! I just want to be outside all the time J

   Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment