Thursday, October 16, 2014




                                                                    WEEKEND O’ FUN

   So, I got to hang out with my sweet buddy Terry Saturday and what a great day we had! We hooked up for breakfast then proceeded to visit 2 quilt shops. I resisted all I could until I got to the register at the first shop-and there was a sample made up of this little quilt-

 

    Too freaking cute!
    There was also a sample done up of this pattern-


 
   They had a kit done up of this one as well.  I actually had the kit in my hand before I saw the sample, looked at it and put it back. But, once I saw the damn sample I had to get it.  I was trying to decide which kit to get when I heard the little bad voice in my head say- “Go ahead- buy both- you deserve them both”- and the little bad voice won.


I got the Halloween one done last night- now I better get going on the snow one!  I loved making the little shoo fly blocks- and the kit had plenty of fabric and wool in it. Nicely done Laughing Ladies Quilt Shop!
   Then off we went to the 2nd shop- after a much needed and deserved trip through the Starbucks Drive through. I found this great fabric collection at the shop- and I think it will make a great Sew Together Bag. I cannot stop making them!




 
     I got to sew in my sewing room Sunday afternoon- all I can say is aaahhh. It is so nice being in the room, with the cats keeping me company (though George thinks she is smaller than she is and keeps knocking shit over)and sappy movies on the tv. However, I did find that on Saturdays there is usually a Will and Grace marathon on, and on Sunday- SOAP!! Yes, SOAP! I remember how scandalous that show was in its’ day- my goodness- a gay man on tv? WOW!  How I loved Benson- and Billy Crystal was fantastic.  One of the episodes that was on was the one where Burt thinks he can be invisible- freaking hilarious! I may never come out of my room on the weekends again!  Sorry honey!
 


Happy Sewing Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment