Wednesday, November 12, 2014


                                                                         Busy  Busy

   Hi All! Well, like usual I did get time in my woman cave this weekend!  I did have my cousins down for lunch on Saturday- it is always so great to visit with them!  Bob made us a wonderful lunch, and a cake for dessert with berry medley stuff on the bottom. Do not call it raspberry- just ask him, ha ha. Last week I worked on a quilt for my daughter’s friend. Her nursery colors are pink and cheetah!  I did not want to share pictures of the quilt until the recipient got the quilt, and of course I did not get a picture of it quilted- dork. But here is the top-

 


   It was made almost totally from my stash. The only thing I had to purchase was the cheetah print for the letters. While pulling fabric for this quilt I did discover while I do not have an aversion to pink, I really did not have any in my stash. Luckily the 2 pink fabrics I had yardage of worked together! Guess I need to shop- J
  My friend Terry got me hooked on this pattern from Crabapple Hill- it is one of the new ones. Her quilt top was wonderful- she used a pale variegated thread and turned hers into a wall hanging-


 

   I had a great spider web fabric in my stash from years ago- and I also had some great variegated floss on hand. Sometimes it pays to be a hoarder!  I decided to make mine bigger, but stole her border idea- thanks Terry! And I had an 18” pillow form on hand- hoarding once again pays off- so I turned mine into a pillow. I think it is going to my daughter- she was almost drooling on it this weekend.


  Sunday I was torn- I have a quilt that needed to be quilted for a friend, but really wasn’t in the mood to quilt. So, I pulled out my Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler crap and pieced a few blocks. This quilt has been an ongoing project for at least 5 years. I did get  7 or 8 more blocks done. I am now at 32- a little more than 25% done. I am unsure about the lime green one in the 4th row. I will wait until I have them all done to decide if I need to re-make it.Good God why did I come up with the insane idea to make this? Dumbass-
 
  A helpful hint - if you are doing a big project from a book with a lot of different patterns, I have found it helpful to put the patterns into a 3 ring binder, or in this case, have the book spiral bound. It sure makes it easier to handle and prevents losing a pattern here and there. You can either do this yourself if you have one of those little bindy machines or have it done at any Fed EX/Kinkos, Staples, Office Depot or Binders R Us.
 
 

  I did pull out a snowman quilt to baste, but since I moved the furniture around in the living room I have not one space big enough for the quilt- not even on my flannel wall. Oh well, I will bring to work one day this week and baste it. I keep telling my bosses to quit filling up the damn showroom with doors – it is taking up my basting floor! But do they listen- NOOOO. JK, I Love you guys!
     I did run to one of my favorite shops Sunday to get 2 more blocks for my Bear Paw quilt. I did not get there in October- so I need to get those pieced this week. When I got back I started on another little project that I can’t share until next week.
   Hope you all got to sew this weekend- or do whatever it is that makes you smile!
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment