Monday, February 2, 2015


                                   Productive weekend-kind of
 
    On Saturday, I got to hang out with 2 of my favorite peeps- Terry and Lexie. I was Miss Daisy as Terry drove my ass all over Denver. The first stop was Holly’s Quilt cabin, a super quilt shop at the south end of town.
   I had been down a week earlier and was drooling over the new fabric line from Fig Tree called Somerset. While this fabric line is stunning, the large floral is not a fabric I am normally drawn to. I think it is the peach/salmon /green combo.



 My awesome boss bought me a gift certificate to Missouri Quilt Company for my birthday and it has been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. Then, on Wednesday I jumped on the Stitchery Dickery Dock blog and she has a new pattern out using a layer cake. OMG. You can find the pattern here-


  Well, as you all know I am quite the enabler so I talked Terry into making this quilt as well (to be honest it didn’t take much convincing and actually I think it was her idea). So, I figured what the hell and used my gift card and ordered a layer cake and my binding fabric. On Saturday, I bought a bit of yardage of the line so I could replace any of the layer cake squares I may not want to use. I also found my background fabric- it is so nice when you have friends that have a great eye for color to help with that!


 
 Then, we decided to do lunch. I had eaten at a little dive called Granny Annie’s Peachy Pie a year or so ago and decided we should go there. It was fricking closed! So, we headed up Federal and found agreat Mexican place and chowed down. We needed nourishment to continue shopping!

  After our bellies were full, we headed to most amazing stitching shop called- The Stitching Shop. They had thousands of threads, patterns, etc. They specialize in Brazilian Embroidery- which has nothing to do with a Brazilian bikini wax, although I think I did see Terry’s eyes roll back in her head several times when we were in there. They have the only certified teacher of Brazilian Embroidery in the state working there- and she also owns the shop- so you know they know their stuff! I think Terry and I will be taking some classes in the near future. Here is their website


    After we quit drooling there we dropped Lexie off and headed to another great shop called Wooden Spools. They carry fabric and the most beautiful yarn! I did find a yard of a white dot fabric that I loved- and I actually have a plan for it. Imagine that!
   That was our last stop, so Terry dropped Miss Daisy off at home. I was pooped!
    On Sunday, I woke up to 4 inches of snow- which was NOT predicted! So, I finished a quilt for my neighbor, and then traded four thousand emails and pdf’s with my pattern editor who shall remain nameless.  I am such a dumbass- she would send me a revision, then I would catch something else I missed. God love her for being so patient with me. But, after all that I now have 4 patterns for sale on Craftsy! I had them for sale through Jazz Cat- Irene rocks- and then decided to put them on Craftsy. So, I had my trusty editor change a few things and off I went. We shall see what happens! I have come up with a few new pattern ideas, now I just need time to draw the shit! You can find my patterns here-


  I am not really into the Super Bowl this year, so I am typing this as the game is on. I am even missing the commercials- the best part! Oh well-I will watch them on You Tube tomorrow!

Hope you all had a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment