Friday, February 27, 2015


                          SNOW- and more snow!

   I am sorry about the lag in posts- I got hit with the darn flu (or a bad cold) last week and boy it did me in! I did not get a darn thing done/sewed!  They were predicting quite a bit of snow here (nothing like back east however) so I was looking forward to hunkering down in my sewing room all weekend but NOOOOO- I laid on the couch all weekend and didn’t do shit! The dogs loved me, though. They are such little slugs!

    I did, however make it to a little job interview Monday night and I now have a part time job making dog collar covers for a dear woman I met through a friend. I have to make 100 of these little things before mid March- so I know where I will be this weekend! I think I can get them done Saturday, which leaves Sunday to play.
  I have been drooling over this Quilt A Long quilt in the most recent American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


  I just love this quilt. It just seems to speak to me- maybe because it is so bright and cheery.

 
   Of course I have several things I really should be doing instead- piecing my Bear Paw BOM, starting the graduation quilt for a very special great nephew, and of course there is the pile of 4,000 unfinished damn quilt tops I have started. Oh well- that is what retreat is for!
   My first retreat of the year will be here before I know it- it is at the end of March. I have to start to try to figure out what to take. Last year I had everything prepped, cut and bagged beforehand along with the thread and any special notions I would need. It worked wonderfully- I got a ton of stuff done and there was no digging around for anything.
   I hope this year is a tad better for me - last year my dumbass brother ended up in the hospital right when I left and I was worried about his stupid ass all weekend. Love ya Brookie!  We have very spotty cell phone service at the retreat which made it even more difficult to get updates. Of course he ended up being fine- dipshit- but it was enough to put a damper on my fun trip. TO BROOKE- your ass better not be going near any hospitals at the end of this month- DO YOU HEAR ME NOW????
 
   A few years ago when I went there was major stuff happening at home- I almost did not go, but at the insistence of my daughter I went. I did end up having beergaritas at 10am that Saturday morning- but it was 5 o’clock somewhere! Lucky for us one of our stipulations where we hold our retreats is that they must allow alcohol. One year I called ahead and asked how big their freezer was and how much ice it could hold. The gal on the other end of the line was probably wondering what kind of quilters exactly were coming? She got awful quiet. (turned out they have their own ice machine- and it did keep up with the margarita making).

 
  It is because of the support and love from these peeps of mine that I am not in the looney bin typing this, but instead am at my office desk in a nice, warm environment not wearing a straight jacket. They are always there for me- and I love them all dearly.  HUGS to you all-past and present retreaters- you know who you are! Thank you for putting up with my crap- you will all be included in the book- I promise!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment