Wednesday, March 11, 2015

                                         I was a bad, bad girl-

     What a freaking nutty weekend I had!  Let’s rewind for a moment. Last weekend, I stopped in a quilt shop/sewing machine retailer just for fun. Unfortunately, they sell Pfaff machines. This is not a bad thing - but I sure did not need to see the new awesome pretty machine they are now selling. I fell in love instantly. I did not sit down at the machine nor did I sew on it. I left the shop- quickly. I then posted a little blurb about my quick trip on Facebook. One of my friends, who I had not seen a quite a few years messaged me. She informed me she now works at a quilt shop at the south end of town that also sells – yes, Pfaffs. Oh no. So, as we were conversing, she really started to get me interested in this machine that I really have no business buying. My Pfaff runs great, and I have a Bernina as well along with 2- yes 2- Singer Featherweights.

 

   So, after a few conversations with my dear hubby, and my friend Kim, along with sweet Jenny, off to Sew-Ciety we went on Saturday morning. Of course this could not be without a hitch. I needed to run to the store for a few things before we headed south, and lo and behold we come back out to the car and the damn thing won’t start. REALLY??? WTF??? So, after being on hold with AAA for 20 freaking minutes, I finally got through to a person who dispatched a tow truck. I am never on hold this long with them- and was surprised since our weather was fine and it was 8:30 on a Saturday morning. Did no one show up for work or what? As we were waiting for the truck, the Bobster went in and grabbed a bottle of Coke- and poured it over the battery cables. As we were sitting in our car, a nice man approached and asked if we needed a jump. “Yes, please, but our damn jumper cables are in the trunk of our other car.” Well this nice man had a pair, and as he was walking over to get them our car started right up! So, we ran home, switched cars and proceeded south. Thank God Bob noticed my car needed gas before we got on the highway. Geez Louise- what a morning!

 
    We finally get to the shop, and it was sure busy! We went in to the shop and met Jenny right off the bat. She was very kind, very patient and went over some of the slick features on my machine with me. What do you mean there is no presser foot lever? No bobbin case? Holy crap- this is going to be tricky! I got to chat with Kim as well, who usually does not work on Saturdays. She grabbed me some bobbins, I got up to the register and before I knew it the machine was mine! Kim took it out to the car for us and off we went. I could hardly wait to get home and play. I wish there was a way to plug it into the cigarette lighter so that I could sew on My Precious in the car! Someone needs to work on that adapter!!!
  Once we got home, I took it out of the box and began to play. I used clear thread with a zig zag stitch, cotton thread with a decorative buttonhole stitch, free motion quilted and also straight stitched and ended up with this for my dear seester-

 
   I do get several free classes on my machine- which I will schedule soon. Since I am a previous Pfaff owner I have somewhat of an idea of what is going on, but there are a hell of a lot of buttons on this thing I don’t dare touch yet!

 

   I want to give a big shout out to Jenny and Kim and the staff at Sew-Ciety, located in Castle Rock, Colorado. It was a very pleasant buying experience and I encourage anyone who needs- or doesn’t need - a machine to check them out! I wish they were a tad closer to home, but my dear friend Eileen has moved within 5 miles of them so I am sure I will be visiting both of them quite frequently, especially now that the weather is getting nicer. Eileen just happened to be at Sew-Ciety so I got to see her latest projects. So talented!!!!!!

 
   I sewed most of the day Sunday- with a little break to go upgrade my piece of shit phone. Lately it had been dropping phone calls, and the last person that it did it to was my brother Brooke, and he is not one to mess with. I had a FREE phone upgrade due, which kills me- as they have to charge you an activation fee for the new FREE phone. Exactly what is free about this transaction?? Bastards will get you any way they can. Now I have to figure out this phone works- and of course these new fangled ones do not come with a manual. My sewing machine came with one- why not my phone? GRRRRR. Hubby helped me pick out a cell phone that he said I wouldn't lose in my purse!

 

  Anywhoo- I will not be posting blogs for a while as my fat ass will be attached to my sewing machine chair. No, hopefully this means I will have a bunch of things to post as I will be getting some more sewing done.  Here is My Precious!
 
   Hugs to you all-

No comments:

Post a Comment