Wednesday, April 8, 2015


                                                    Selling a machine- again!

  As you know by now I splurged and bought a new machine. Yes, I was probably on crack. I am trying to get over that habit but it is not going well. To help finance this little venture I figured I needed to sell my other machines.
  I (actually Bob did all the work) put my old 7530 Pfaff up for sale on  a few Facebook pages and on Craig’s List and got ready for the onslaught of scammers. He received a notice from a sweet woman from up north (still here in Colorado- just a bit north from where I live) after it was up for only 6 hours! We went back and forth a bit with info and I met her 2 days later. She loved the machine and bought it right then! No problem at all!  I am sure she will take good care of that machine and use it well. It was a perfect match and totally meant to be. I will miss the old gal but I am loving her replacement!
GOOD BYE OLD FRIEND!
 
  My friend LUCY had Bob put her machine up for sale since my sale was so successful. And poor Lucy- all she has had is one scammer after another. Hopefully that will stop soon and she can sell hers as well. (Lucy keeps bitching at me because I often mention her on here so I changed her name. LOL). That is part of the price for being my friend-haha.
  Then I put my Bernina 630 up for sale. It has been a great machine as well, and though I will not have a sturdy back up if something happens to the new one it is more important to pay the new one off. I have to keep telling myself if the new one goes out, or when I take it in for service I have plenty of other hand projects to keep me amused. And it is not life-ending being without a sewing machine- it only feels like it. Bob is a tad nervous about this machine leaving and me not having a  back-up- evidently I get a tad bitchy if I don’t get in my sewing room for a while every day. I decided to sell the machine with the embroidery unit and their cases, a bunch of embroidery stabilizers, 2 boxes of Isacord embroidery thread, embroidery hoops, several USB sticks of software , the BSR Stitch Regulator, a walking foot, a ¼” foot, extra bobbins, a ruffler attachment and of course the accessory box- which we call the Barbie Case- total copyright infringement. I was getting ready to go on a quilt retreat with my homies and mentioned I was selling it to them. And, lo and behold, one of them bought it! No Craig's List, no listing on the internet, nothing! I was over the moon, and I know she will be as well. Goodbye to you as well, my dear friend, You have served me well!

 

  I have been making dog collar covers like mad- 490 to be exact I also started this quilt by Hickory Stitchery Dock while spending the day with my sweet friend, Terry. See Lucy- she doesn’t make me change her name LOL. (not yet anyway). She made the most awesome beef and barley soup for lunch. YUM! She even sent some home with me for Bob, as she knows I am a big slacker in the cooking category. Of course I screwed up part of the directions- my own fault, not the pattern, so I had to finish piecing the blocks at home. I almost threw the pieces I had left from pre-cutting in my bag to take with me, but I was cocky and thought- “Oh- I won’t need those”. I should have freakin known better.  DUMBASS. Here it is in all of it's glory. I really love that fabric line.

    I also made some little quilted treats but I cannot share any pictures of those yet. I will share those pictures in a few weeks.
  On another note- I pulled another dumbass move. Shocking, I know. On the way to Terry’s, I thought I should finally wash my car. I do love to go through the automated car wash bay, but I am paranoid I won’t get the tire in the groove thing that it is supposed to guide you in. So, this time I pull up into the thingy-there has to be name for the stupid thing but darned if I know what it is- and the light comes on to reverse a bit. I pulled up too far. FUCK! So, I put the car in gear and tried to go back bit- the car would not move. Oh shit- now what do I do? I actually got stuck! Do I gun it and try to pull ahead? What if someone is behind me? I just lost my $5. CRAP! So, after what seemed like 20 minutes (but probably only 10 seconds) I look down- I had the damn car in neutral!!!! Good lord- some days I should not even leave the house!

  I will get my act together and post retreat pics soon- I promise! I just need to get the rest of the collar covers turned and ironed.
Have a good week my friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment